EATLIVEWEARWANTLIFEREAD

8/04/2011

Happy At Work

I was recently promoted at work and along with that comes something very special... AN OFFICE!! After many years of cube life, this will be my first office ever and I'm thrilled! Four walls and a door! Of course I am excited about decorating it and making it my own. I think that it's a lot easier to work in a space that is personal, warm and organized. So that is exactly what I plan to do with my new office that has four walls and a door! Can you tell I'm excited about the walls and the door??

My office has a builder beige accent wall. The rest of the walls are white. The desk is a large wood u-shaped desk. Traditional. Boring. But it's all good because I plan to accessorize, accessorize, accessorize! The environment of the office is conservative, so no hot pink or anything like that. Here are a few things that I am definitely going to incorporate...
*Sidenote: This is a time when I wish I had Photoshop, so bear with me.*



 I'm a lamp hoarder, so I can't imagine not having lamps in my office. The lighting in my office is the typical florescent ceiling lighting, so I think lamps would be great for warming up the space. These lamps caught my eye because they aren't too overwhelming. I like the modern touch, too.



I think books look so much more appealing when they are stacked and styled. I love how the bookends are placed here. I'll definitely be stacking and styling my "work" books.


I LOVE this vintage letter holder. I heart organization, so this would keep my letters, notes, Post-Its and stationary in its place!


Most people in my profession hang one painting on a wall or hang their degrees, but I need a little more excitement. Gallery walls are certainly not front page news, but I think a gallery wall would be perfect for the beige accent wall. I think this wall is particularly interesting because of the mixture of the sizes and types of the frames and prints. That = excitement to me.


Do you have flowers on your desk? If not, go buy some- like today. My office will definitely have flowers, maybe even some good fake ones just so they will always be there. One glance at a beautiful arrangement of flowers makes a stressful project a little more doable. I highly recommend them. 

There is so much more I want to do to personalize the space, but I will spare you from more scrolling. I haven't moved into my office yet, but I wanted to get a post down to use as a roadmap. I will keep you posted on my progress!

Images 2/4/5



Pin It

12 comments:

  1. Congratulations! Both on the promotion, and the new space. I remember how excited the hubs was when he moved into an office from the cubes. Of course now he works from home, so it's not the same anymore.

    Love your plans for your office space. Can't wait to see pics.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! Those cube-y things are so awful! I always hated working in them and you were never facing others-you had to have your back to everyone-and I hated people sneaking up on me! LOL
    Cant wait to see what you do with your space!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tiffany, congrats on the promotion!!! How fun to decorate your new office space. Cannot wait to see what you do with it! So excited for you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww, this is so exciting and I'm very happy for you. Congrats!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love anything with a horse on it and those bookends are bananas. I think I might rearrange my books tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations! I love fresh flowers in both my office space at home and at work. Just seems to add that extra special touch. I have a TON of wedding books and stack these in my home office. I am currently working on stacking books in other parts of my home. Love the idea.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love all the inspirations! Your blog is beautiful!

    xo-
    Jamielyn
    I ♥ Nap Time

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations!! An office to yourself...so so cool! I think it's a great reminder to spruce your space regardless...fresh flowers and a cool lamp are great additions!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your office looks wonderful! I love your workspace. The frames on the wall gave it a nice touch. It's great to hear that you got promoted, too. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  10. It looks Fabulous! I like your eye for details.
    Enjoy your new work space.
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. You and me both! Gorgeous room so I'm now pinning it. Happy Weekend!Hotel collection towels

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...